Volunteer With Us!
Volunteers are the lifeblood of the Biggest Week, and we take very good care of our Volunteer Team!
FESTIVAL VOLUNTEERS WILL RECEIVE THE FOLLOWING:
* Free general registration
* Festival t-shirt
* Bag of festival goodies
* Our heartfelt thanks and most sincere gratitude for your help!
Please check out the areas where we're looking for help (below) and use the form to the right to sign up for volunteer team emails! Volunteer assignments will be listed in the registration system, so you can sign up when registration opens in mid-January.
If you have questions about volunteering, please contact Black Swamp Bird Observatory HERE.
GENERAL VOLUNTEER ASSIGNMENTS
IMPORTANT NOTE:: Please notice that there are two separate signup forms, one for general volunteers (at right), and the other for leaders/drivers only (below).
Consider volunteering with us in one or more of the following areas for two or more shifts.
- Registration Packet Assembly at Maumee Bay Lodge
Collating materials for packet assembly
- Name Badge Assembly at Maumee Bay Lodge
Inserting name tags into lanyard holders for each registered attendee
- Registration Desk Setup at Maumee Bay Lodge
Helping arrange materials at the check-in desk prior to the festival's opening day
- Festival Registration Desk Hosts at Maumee Bay Lodge
Greeting participants, answering general questions, and passing out badges and packets
- Presentation Room Monitor at Ottawa National Wildlife Refuge and/or Maumee Bay Lodge
Checking participants in, collecting money for walk-ins, and introducing the speaker
- Merchandise Sales & Information Table in the BSBO tent near the Magee Marsh Boardwalk on IMBD
Answering general questions and selling BSBO merchandise
To be included on our volunteer email list, fill out the gray box below. Please note that filling out this box does not mean you have signed up for or committed to any volunteer shifts! It simply means you have expressed interest in volunteering and would like to learn more.
FIELD TRIP LEADERS AND DRIVERS FOR VAN TRIPS
IMPORTANT: If you are interested in driving one of the vans, you must be at least 25 years of age and provide us a copy of your valid driver's license and proof of insurance. Please make sure to use the Leader/Driver signup form on the right.